What is the key to success?
There isn't one.
Long-term success is not the result of one defining change or doing one thing well. It comes from embracing several small, simple yet powerful truths.
In TUESDAY MORNING COACHING, a follow-up to his best-selling Monday Morning book series, writing as though he were talking to you over a cup of freshly brewed coffee, bestselling author David Cottrell takes you on a success journey where you will learn eight simple but powerful truths that will help you and your organization unleash your potential beginning today.
In this engaging story, Cottrell introduces us to Ryan Harris, a successful manager who is burned out and tired of working hard but going no where. Looking for guidance, Ryan reaches out to Jeff Walters, a semi-retired executive, who agrees to coach Ryan for eight consecutive weeks. Ryan soon discovers that the simple truths of success can be found all around him, as he learns success strategies from a firefighter, teacher, receptionist, football coach, golf pro, cab driver and, of course, his mentor. He also finds that the solutions to his most challenging problems are often common sense principles such as:
- No Matter What ... accept responsibility and move forward
- And Then Some ... give more than is expected
- Consider it Done ... do what you say you will do
- Above All Else ... hold fast to your values
- From Now On ... learn from mistakes and welcome change
- See It, Feel It, Trust It, Do It ... set, envision, share and take action on your goals
- Focus Inside Your Boat ... invest your time in things you can control
- Knowledge is Power ... read, listen, observe and learn
Throughout TUESDAY MORNING COACHING, Cottrell draws on real examples of people and organizations who have identified and implemented simple philosophies that led to their success. The book outlines a simple, yet revolutionary approach that can lead to spectacular personal and business success. The same simple truths that changed Ryan HarrisÍ life can change yours, too. And like Jeff and Ryan, youÍll discover that the most satisfying aspect of success is helping others achieve their own. Read, enjoy, apply what you learn... and then pass it on!